TCBOB

Monday, May 20, 2013

#47 - The Honest Toddler by Bunmi Laditan


I am grateful to NetGalley, the Publisher and the Author for the opportunity to read and review this book.

I'll be honest, I had never read The Honest Toddler blog but it sounds intriguing.  Written from a toddler's point of view, the perspective is definitely unique and I can certainly relate to having to deal with my own children in those situations when they were young.

I think this might have been better as a blog than a book because about halfway through the book I got a little tired of the theme of "if you are a good mom you will provide sugar and undivided attention to your toddler."

Some chapters were absolutely perfect (i.e. the comparison of Grandparents and Parents), others just became redundant.

I plan to subscribe to the blog and read it ocassionally but these stories and pieces of "advice" are best given in small doses in my opinion.

Goodreads Rating: 2.5 Stars (rounded up as a thank you for the preview copy)

In Progress: Inferno by Dan Brown
(audio): Born in Death by J.D. Robb


No comments:

Post a Comment