TCBOB

Monday, May 6, 2013

#42 - Origin In Death by J.D. Robb

JD Robb is one of my guilty pleasures.  Eve Dallas and I have spent plenty of highway miles together and we have been through bad books and good books...this was one of the good ones! :)

This story was incredibly original if not a little more sci-fi than the previous installments of the series are.  Moral and emotional ramifications of genetic testing, where lines are drawn in scientific research, and what lies under the surface of even the most heroic of heros.  "Anyone with a slate that clean has had it washed"

If it could keep me guessing it was worth my time. If it weren't part of a under-rated series, it was probably movie material.  The visuals are very detailed and paint an amazing picture of a crazy genius' mind and bring them to life.

I confess - I have looked ahead to the description of the next novel in the series "Born in Death" so I was pleased to see little peeks and previews of what's to come in the next novel and I'm a little excited (i.e. Mavis's baby being born!)

Goodreads rating: 3.5 stars

On Deck (audio): One Click: The rise of Amazon.com by Richard L Brandt
In Progress (fiction) The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
(non-fiction) The Honest Toddler by Bunmi Laditan


No comments:

Post a Comment