TCBOB

Saturday, May 4, 2013

#41 - The Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick

In case you were wondering, yes I did pick up this book just so I could watch the movie...its a thing...but I'm glad that I did!

I like stories that involve the struggles of mental illness in every day life so the story of Pat Peoples felt very real and genuine to me.  The journey he travelled down as he re-entered society was compelling and I felt like we were walking through his mind as he rediscovered all of his missing memories of the time he was in a mental institution.

I ended up giving the book four stars instead of five not because the writing wasn't flowing and enjoyable but simply because I could predict what was going on in the middle 1/4 of the book but thoroughly enjoyed the ending and how the definition of Pat's "Silver Lining" morphed throughout the book.

Now I have my rainy day movie rental lined up :)

Goodreads rating 4.5 stars (rounded down)

In Progress (audio) Origins in Death by JD Robb
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald **quick reread**
on deck: Where'd you go Bernadette by Maria Semple


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for using a cover that is not the movie cover :)

    ReplyDelete