TCBOB

Sunday, December 29, 2013

#98 - Wishin' and Hopin' by Wally Lamb

Wishin' and Hopin' was just the novella that I needed to fill in the gap to make my goal but it was an enjoyable little romp.  Following in the proud tradition of stories like "A Christmas Story" Wally Lamb's distinct voices compelled the book forward and gave us plenty of giggles along the way.  I never get tired of the random foibles of Middle America, even though you could see some of it coming (I mean come on - could a book like this have a Christmas play that actually goes off as planned? I think not!)

All in all it was a great little Christmas story that stimulates the visual imagination with familiar characters. I read it in a few hours on Christmas day. A bite size chunk of cuteness.

Goodreads rating 3 stars

Read date: December 25, 2013

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/8152697-wishin-and-hopin

No comments:

Post a Comment