TCBOB

Saturday, December 7, 2013

#90 - The Dog Stars by Peter Heller

What to say about this book?  Well - I finished it...there's that...

OK I went back and forth about this book. On one hand it took me a LONG time to get into the story like at least a third of the way through when things actually started happening that made sense.

That being said, the writing was beautiful and detailed and I enjoyed reading Heller's descriptions of the post apocalyptic world were really beautiful.  Maybe this was just a book more designed for the way men look at the world (yeah its cliche' but its the best way I can think of to describe the actions, reactions and military tendencies that prevail in this novel.)

I did this one in an audio format and the narrator was very slow and it took a long time to get through it even though I could feel myself being able to read it faster to the same effect.

Goodreads rating: 2.5 stars rounded up to 3

In Progress: Perfect by Rachel Joyce (nook)
We Need to talk about Kevin by Lionel Shriver (audio)

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13330761-the-dog-stars?from_search=true

No comments:

Post a Comment