TCBOB

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

#1 - Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me by Mindy Kaling

Not bad my friends, only one day into the new year and I chomped down my first novel.  Of course it helped that I was too hung over to pry myself too far away from the sofa.  Gotta love the New Year's Eve Celebrating...

It also helped that it was a good book, had a great rhythm and was really funny at the same time.  I didn't know much about Mindy Kaling before picking up the book on the recommendation of my book brethren.  To me she was just the character, Kelly Kapoor from the office and had another show out there somewhere.  What I didn't know is that she is a writer, a director, a producer and has a really unique perspective and voice that was very likeable and easy to read.

This book would make a great beach read this summer or something to tuck into your purse to read in small bites like waiting at the dentist office or - you know - any other place that you might spend five or ten minutes at a time and can knock out a few stories

Goodreads rating: 4 stars


On Deck: Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that my book fairy gave this to me :) I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete