TCBOB

Saturday, March 22, 2014

#15 - Allegiant by Veronica Roth

I was so scared to pick up this book.  I loved the first two novels in the series Divergent and Insurgent but I had heard some really really conflicting reviews about the final installment from readers whose opinions I very much respect. On top of that, I got spoiled to the major plot twist that happens in this book so I was incredibly trepidatious when I started this one up.

The result: I didn't hate it but there are things that irked me. I'm a science geek so I kinda dug on the genetic experimentation aspect of the book, its not the turn that I expected any of this to take when Insurgent ended but I wasn't upset about it either.

What got under my skin though, was the way the story-telling flipped back and forth between Tris and Four.  Even though I know why it had to be done this way, I didn't feel like either one of them had a strong enough voice to make either of them distinct. I was constantly flipping back to the beginning of each chapter to see who was actually speaking to make everything to make sense.

I wish this was a better ending (and I definitely wish I hadn't spent half of the book waiting for what I knew was going to happen) but I didn't hate it either.

Goodreads rating: 3 stars

Read date March 22, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment