TCBOB

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

#16 - Wild by Cheryl Strayed

I was so happy when the audio copy of "Wild" by Cheryl Strayed became available on my library's Overdrive system.  This book kept me company during the start of my 1/2 marathon training and really helped keep me motivated to take just one more step in a "If Cheryl can do this practically barefoot, I can do one more mile" kind of way.

There were parts of this story where the mommy part of my brain took over and wanted to scream at her to just STOP YOU IDIOT!  I know that, personally, I would have thrown in the towel after a lot of those adverse conditions occurred.  But at the same time, this sounded a lot like something I would have gotten myself into when I was younger.  Convincing myself that I needed to do some big giant thing and then not preparing myself adequately for the undertaking at all.

I kind of hated some of the parts in the same way that I hated some parts of "Eat Pray Love".  But on the whole I enjoyed Cheryl's journey and rejoiced at the end when she reached her final destination no matter what the circumstances.

Goodreads rating: 4 stars

Date read: March 26, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment