TCBOB

Friday, April 12, 2013

#35 - Drift by Rachel Maddow

This is one of those books that makes you shake your head and go - - really? Is this REALLY what we are doing in this country? I am not anti-military but I am PRO transparency into what our American Tax Dollars are doing.  Critics will say that Maddow is only telling a portion of the story but even if that's the case, there is no doubt that there is enough waste uncovered to make just about anyone uncomfortable and wanting to dig more into where our largest budget item in the federal budget is being spent. Hooray for mental and political gymnastics!

I did a hybrid audio/paper read on this one just because I found out that Rachel Maddow reads her own book for the audio version and I couldn't just let that opportunity pass me by.  

Please read this book!  Rachel's voice is extremely readable so if you generally shy away from politico due to the tendency for it to be a bit crusty and boring - give it a shot - you won't be disappointed.

Goodreads rating: 5 stars

In Progress: The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult
On Deck: A Sight to Behold by Greta Bryan



No comments:

Post a Comment