TCBOB

Saturday, April 6, 2013

#32 - Me Before You by Jojo Moyes

What a beautifully written story! Some parts, yes, were predictable, but the characters were so vivid that I really didn't care. This was one of those books that kept me up past my bedtime saying "just one more chapter"

I adored the character of Louisa, she reminded me a lot of my self when I was younger in her uniqueness and inability to shut up. The element of family both on the part of the Clarks and the Traynors felt very genuine and well thought out.  

I could have done without some of the "insert" chapters in a voice other than Louisa's, some were very nice, some seemed a little bit superfluous.  

I knew the ending would be sad as soon as I was introduced to Will's character, but it was such a peaceful conclusion that I found myself not feeling "sad" per se. I mainly felt satisfied that, stepping out in faith, out of your comfort zone, and daring to love can be the most beautiful thing that ever happens to you.

Goodreads rating: 4.5 rounded up to 5

In progress: (fiction) Weight by Jeanette Winterson
(non-fiction)Drift by Rachel Maddow


No comments:

Post a Comment