TCBOB

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

#33 - I Am the Messenger by Markus Zusak

BIG thank you to Posse member Mandi for letting me borrow your book - its making the rounds on Thursday :)  Read her thoughts here.

Um...Yeah - Markus Zusak is going down on my list of favorite authors of all time. I love his words, his way of making thoughts into full conversations and his unique storytelling ability. 

Ed Kennedy is an amazing character and I LOVED watching him go from "the epitome of ordinary" to being an extraordinary force for the world, just by trusting the journey and being observant and tuned in to the needs of other people.  I wish I could say that, if I had received the Ace of Diamonds in my letter box, that I would have done the same things that Ed did, but I don't know if I could have.

Yeah yeah - the last 20 pages wasn't the apex that we were all wanting but I'm not letting that get in the way of my general feeling of awe at the marvelous story and premise of the previous 300 pages. 

Read this book.  It will make you feel something.

"Sometimes people are beautiful. Not in looks. Not in what they say. Just in what they are."

Goodreads rating: A glittering 5 stars (despite the ending)

In Progress: Drift by Rachel Maddow
Weight by Jeanette Winterson


No comments:

Post a Comment