TCBOB

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

#34 - Weight by Jeanette Winterson

I picked up "Weight" at the Dollar Tree but I have read Jeanette Winterson before and I enjoy her writing style.  This book didn't disappoint as far as literary merit and

All in all I enjoyed the retelling of this classic story of the Greek gods Atlas and Heracles.  It gives the reader some insight into what it might feel like to literally carry the weight of the world.  Even the gods had so much conflict and deception going on that Winterson weaves into a more modern tale.

It's a quick simple little book that I was able to whittle my way through it while waiting for the end of Tae Kwon Do class.  I feel like I got more than my money's worth for my $1.00 investment.

Goodreads rating: 3 stars

In progress: Drift by Rachel Maddow
On Deck: **gulp**I'm not sure yet......

No comments:

Post a Comment