TCBOB

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Posse Field Trip! West End Architectural Salvage

In case you haven't learned it from my reviews yet, I am a little tiny bit of a geek.  When my head isn't stuck in a book or gluing pictures to paper (or at work I guess) I like to have a little HGTV going on in the background.  Which is why, when I found out there was a show filming in downtown Des Moines, West End Salvage, the following things happened.
1. I got immediately set my DVR for all episodes
2. I loaded up my posse and took off for the store
3. Proceeded to geek out and practically wet myself when the owner/star of the show eavesdropped on/commented on our conversation about our husbands.  Mmm...mocha...

I am proud - I didn't go full on fan girl - no autographs pictures with the guys, etc but yeah my inner geek was squealing just a little bit (ok a lot bit) Enough to justify the self portrait with the coffee...


 Here's the posse at the front entrance Happy to be together...Jenni from Reading at Random and Mandi from The Insomniac Bibliophile and me with the double chins...


 But sad that Lindsey couldn't be with us too...although it was for a good reason...had to be if she wasn't with us right???
 Then it was off to Zombie Burger where nobody ate what they should have been eating but - let me tell you, dear reader.  The "Trailer Trash Burger" was well worth the bazillion calories I took in to consume it!!  On top of that I got to meet up with my cousins Jennifer and Karen and Jen's two boys who just moved here from Texas!  I was so happy to wrap my arms around them!  What happens at the Zombie Burger stays at the Zombie Burger!
All around - an amazing (and much needed) day with my Posse!

Posse fieldtrip rating: 4 stars (one missing star for one missing member (see frowny face photo above)


No comments:

Post a Comment