TCBOB

Monday, March 4, 2013

#21 - Is This Tomorrow by Caroline Leavitt




I would like to thank NetGalley.com and Algonquin Books for graciously allowing me access to this advanced reader copy of Is This Tomorrow by Caroline Leavitt.
This book is likely going to go on my best of 2013 list just because the imagery and characters were so vivid. The story takes very natural turns and never felt forced or contrived as plot twists sometimes can. I related so heavily to the main characters feeling a bond, sharing a tragedy and never being able to relate to anyone who wasn't involved in the tragedy. The author does a great job of creating three separate stories between Ava, Rose and Lewis but as you read through one, you can see the same shadows going through the others.
I won't spoil the ending but it does leave your mind to form your own conclusions. I'm certain that my book posse and I will have some kind of discussion about how each of their lives played out after the back cover was turned.
To be fair and balanced, the only reason that this missed a full five stars (it would have been 4.5 if available) was the second quarter of the book that somehow lagged a bit, (following the disappearance and before time rolled forward) The last half, however I couldn't put down and was pleasantly surprised to see the stories dovetail together and new and interesting tidbits coming to light one after another.
Definitely one to pick up as soon as it becomes available on May 7th, 2013!
Goodreads Rating: 4.5 Stars
On Deck (nook): The Fault In Our Stars by John Green
In Progress: (Paper): In The Body of the World by Eve Ensler
(audio): The Client by John Grisham




1 comment: