TCBOB

Friday, March 8, 2013

#22 - The Fault In Our Stars by John Green

I didn't cry - but I'm not a crier by nature so that's not unusual...but if I were a crier, the faucets would have been on high power.

The power of the P-Posse forced this book into my hands and, as per usual, they were absolutely spot on in their recommendations.  It had been on my "to read" shelf for quite some time but kept getting de-prioritized due to the fact that it was classified YA and for some reason that made it easy to push down the list.

Let me tell you, dear read, this book is just as affecting to us old chicks as it is for the Young Adult crowd.  I had steeled myself for the twist due to the Kleenex wrenching reviews that I had read but the fluid words that John Green writes made every interaction seem so important and real that, even knowing that something sad was coming didn't lessen the impact.

Augustus Waters is the kind of person that is hard not to love.  I totally *heart* him and their relationship.  There was only one section in the entire novel that seemed a bit rushed/contrived but the result of the actions was so beautiful that I could forgive Green for the abrupt gallantry.

**sidenote** it's really hard to write this without giving away a major plot point, but I'm sure that if you read it you will be able to see where I'm going with this.

Definitely one for my top reads of 2013!

Goodreads rating: Five Solid Stars!
In Progress: In the Body of the World by Eve Ensler
On Deck: The Dinner by Herman Koch
In Progress (audio): The Beachcombers by Nancy Thayer



No comments:

Post a Comment