TCBOB

Sunday, November 24, 2013

#84 - About Alice by Calvin Trellin

 I don't know what book I was picking up at the library (I think I thought I was getting Still Alice by Lisa Genova) but that being said, it ended up being a happy accident.  I knew nothing about Calvin Trillin's writings using a character loosely based on his wife accident but now I want to read everything that she has written about her ever!

This book was written after Alice had passed away and Trillin's love and respect for his wife saturates every single page.  It must not be easy to be a subject for a fictional satirization of yourself but everything that this book showed seems to indicate that she handled it all with grace and beauty and it makes me want to know more.

I definitely recommend this sweet and short little collection and I can't wait to dive into more of his writing knowing then what I know now ;)

Goodreads Rating: 4 stars

Date read: 11/1/2013


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/95961.About_Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment