TCBOB

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

#71 - Dan Gets A Minivan by Dan Zevin

Oh man did I ever need that belly laugh! Yeah I'll admit it, I giggled the whole way through this book...as I was driving...wait for it...my minivan.

How I related to each story about how hard it is to transition from being freewheeling singles with full control of the choice of dinner, footwear and even automobiles to being parents first and people second.  The description on Goodreads compares Dan to Dave Berry and, in a way, I can see that.  Although the satirical tone to this book feels more like a male, slightly less frenetic version of Jenny Lawson.

To anyone who have stood at that intersection between Dude and Dad or Hot Momma to just being a Momma...you will love and appreciate this book! Available on Overdrive Audio for those who are in the Iowa Library system.

Goodreads rating: 4.5 stars

In Progress: Divergent by Veronica Roth
Golden Boy by Abigail Tartellin

No comments:

Post a Comment