TCBOB

Monday, July 15, 2013

#65 - Innocent in Death by JD Robb

I finished two books in one week!  Look at me go!

I love me some brain cell rotting JD Robb mysteries - this one just didn't grab my attention the way some of them do.  Actually - I'm pretty sure that I have read this one a long time ago before I even knew what I was reading.

The tension between Eve and Roarke really felt manufactured.  I know that there are only so many ways that life can try to drive a wedge in a marriage, no matter how emotionally complicated the characters might be but I am to the point where I enjoy the books better when Eve and Roarke just work together and not fight.  Please! Pretty Please! With Sprinkles on Top! Just leave them alone.

Of course I loved that we got a peek at Mavis' baby Belle (why do I love Mavis so much?) and the case had just enough twists to keep it interesting but, in the end was a little bit predictable.

Amazingly, we are in book #24 of the series and I still don't hate it!

In Progress: Life of Pi by Yan Patel
Non Fiction: Super Boys by Brad Ricca
Fiction: The Girl You Left Behind by Jojo Moyes


No comments:

Post a Comment