TCBOB

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2013 Year in Review

2013 was a GREAT year for reading!  With the help of my posse I made a goal of reading 100 books!!! (sorry if you get sick of hearing about it but I'm still geeked out.)

The challenge then becomes - the recap.

First of all the stats:
Books: 100
Pages: 32,259
5 Stars: 22
Fiction: 73
Non Fiction: 27
NetGalley/Advanced Reader Copies: 12
Audiobooks: 42

Throughout the year I have picked my top two of the month every month - in lieu of a top 10 here are my favorites as I read them! Some are 5 stars and some are 4 stars but feel free to use the cloud in the sidebar to link in to the star ratings or visit my Goodreads page!

January:
The End of Your Life Book Club by Will Schwalbe,
Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson

February:
The Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan
Cleaning House by Kay Wyma

March:
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
In the Body of the World by Eve Ensler

April:
Drift by Rachel Maddow
I Am The Messenger by Markus Zusak

May:
Tell The Wolves I'm Home by Carol Rifka Brunt
The Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick

June:
Where'd You Go Bernadette by Maria Semple
Brain on Fire by Susannah Cahalan

July:
Honeymoon in Paris by Jojo Moyes
The Buddha in the Attic by Julie Otsuka

August:
The Girl You Left Behind by Jojo Moyes
Dan Gets a Minivan by Dan Zevin

September
Golden Boy by Abigail Tartellin
Insurgent by Veronica Roth

October
The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach
The Twelve Tribes of Hattie by Ayana Mathis

November
We Live in Water by Jess Walter
Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert

December
Perfect by Rachel Joyce
The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein

No comments:

Post a Comment