TCBOB

Monday, April 6, 2015

The Girl On the Train by Paula Hawkins

A big thanks to my book club for picking The Girl on the Train.  Fair warning dear readers, you are either going to really like this book or you are really not going to like this book, in scrolling through the other goodreads reviews, there is not a whole lot of in between on that one.  While I understand the comparisons to "Gone Girl" Paula Hawkins definitely occupies a different space in the dark and twisty genre than does Gillian Flynn.

I kind of hated how much I identified with the different characters in different ways.  I feel like I have spent time in each of their shoes at some point (feeling stuck, getting dumped, being envious, being controlled) and it makes me grateful for the ending that my life is writing for itself.  This is one of those books that I finished at 1AM and didn't feel bad about it in the morning.

I can't wait for our book club discussion next week.  It should be interesting to see how my fellow bookies felt about this novel.

Goodreads Rating: 4 stars


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22557272-the-girl-on-the-train?from_search=true

No comments:

Post a Comment