TCBOB

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Silver Bay by Jojo Moyes

Many thanks to Netgalley, Penguin Publishing, and Jojo Moyes to the advanced reader copy of Silver Bay in exchange from an honest review.

Jojo Moyes catapulted into "must read status" after Me Before You, The Girl You Left Behind, and One Plus One but I have to admit, that the novelty of Silver Bay left me a little bit cold.  The characters in this book were characteristically realistic as I have come to expect from Moyes work but it took me a LONG time to get into the book and then, once I was in, i found myself skimming heavily as it drew a bit long for what the story demanded.

This was a re=release for the american audience, and, for those familiar with her work, it is obvious that this was one of her earlier efforts and lacked the substance that is found in her later works.  I retain my position in the court of Jojo Moyes and look forward to further offerings from the author in the future.


Goodreads Rating: 3 stars

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20949430-silver-bay


No comments:

Post a Comment