TCBOB

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Blood Rites by Jim Butcher

Yeah I know - two in a row - but I couldn't let my 14 year old son get ahead of me so that we could talk about the books on our weekly calls. So I powered through it on the long drives to Nebraska I had this past week. As this is the sixth book in the series, its finally getting to be a little more solid, there was actual character development happening in this book and some really cool background into Dresden's past - and a glimpse into the future as well through some pretty creative foreshadowing.

It seems like Jim Butcher finally got comfortable with his characters and has stopped writing as defensively now that he knows that his stories will continue to be published and not every story line ended up with a nice little "happily ever after" bow tied on the final chapter.

Goodreads Rating: 4 stars (better than the others...)

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/99383.Blood_Rites?from_search=true

No comments:

Post a Comment